Monday, September 9, 2013

Packed in like sardines

In order to increase my chances of success with the Fast and Cheap, I added some more stuff to my already cramped chassis.  The first thing I did was switch from the RTR radio to my FS-GT3b transmitter.  It's got a dual rate function that actually works, so I'll have much better control over the steering.  The second piece, which I should have left on from the get go is a gyro.  I'm using an Esky 0704B gyro.  This will help correct any slides as soon as they start, much faster than I can react.  To get it to initialize, the yellow gain lead gets plugged into ch3 of the receiver.  The third item, and just as important, is a handheld GPS unit.  It's got an on board speedometer and top speed recorder.  This means no more marking distance lines on the road, and no need to set up my radar gun.  With less setup involved, I can just take the car out and run it with less worry about traffic and making a perfect run.  All of this I managed to (just barely) squeeze onto the chassis and still fit under the low body.


No comments:

Post a Comment