Sunday, March 1, 2020

Handguard

I got started printing the handguard for my SCR project.  It's long enough that I had to print in two pieces to fit my printer, so the nose cap locates with a half lap joint so it's easy to align.  I also had to print the hecking thing 5 times because it was storming that day and the power kept flickering and shutting off my printer.  On the plus side, I had some spares to destructively test.  It clamps onto the barrel nut using 10-32 screws, and to my surprise, the blind side of the hole broke out before the threads stripped. I also tried crushing it in my little bench vice, and it took a lot more force to crush than I anticipated.  Just like the buttstock, I could literally jump on this thing and it probably wouldn't break.


No comments:

Post a Comment