Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Scope the situation

I decided that I want to put a scope on my Megatron P38.  The silencer and stock are more work and money than I want to spend, but Megatron needs his fusion cannon.  I started searching for the correct original Bushnell Phantom from the UNCLE gun, and much to my horror, I discovered that it got used on Cara Dune's blaster from The Mandalorian.  Yup, the scope I need for Megatron got used for a Star Wars prop.  Which means that they're practically unobtainaium anymore. For reference, this is what the scope should look like(Pic stolen from the RPF forum)



So I went with the next best thing, A vintage Bushnell Phantom Magnum.  The Magnum is a little bigger than the regular Phantom, but I think it's actually closer to the proper proportions compared to the original G1 toy.


The real problem with the Magnum is that the scope tube is just a tube, it doesn't have the box around the center like the standard Phantom does.  At first, I thought that was just the mount, but the box is actually part of the scope it's self.  I've decided to make it part of the mount for my scope anyway, so I started sketching.  Mounting a scope to a P38 is kind of wonky too, but we'll deal with that in a later post.





No comments:

Post a Comment