Saturday, October 3, 2020

Getting jiggy with it

 Just a preview of my 3D printed CETME/G3 bending jig, mostly because I want to use the pic elsewhere on the internet.  Here's my printed jig all mocked up.  Hopefully I get some time to actually try this thing out this weekend.  The mandrel portion is made from more pieces than it needs to be because I changed my mind on the design half way through printing and didn't want to reprint the whole thing so I just added to what I already had.  The mandrel has a little gap in the middle too because I had to kill a print towards the end so I could leave for work and it ended up a little short(I don't like leaving the printer going when I'm not home).  I don't think the gap will affect how it works, but if it seems like it's going to cause a problem I can just print a little filler piece.  There are a few more pieces to it that aren't pictured, but we'll have to wait and see if it works like the picture in my head says it should.



No comments:

Post a Comment