Monday, October 7, 2013

Exhausted

I finally got my axle back exhaust done.  I'm used to welding aluminum, and I'm a bit out of practice on Stainless.  These are some of the sloppiest tig welds I've done in a long time.  Honestly, I'm not real happy with how it turned out.  It will work, but I know I could have done better.  I used Scotch-Brite to give the pipes a nice finish.  All told, I've only got around $150 in it. 


It sounds pretty good.  It's loud without being obnoxious, and it's got much more bass rumble than the Corsas I've heard.  It's got a lot of drone at certain RPMs, but it doesn't really bother me, it's a sports car after all.  It's not the thump of a V8, nor the whine of a V12, but it's own unique sound.  For what it cost, I'm very happy with the sound.  Here it is, no cats, no rear muffler, just the stock side sill resonators.


No comments:

Post a Comment