Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Where's my Hazmat suit?

It doesn't matter what rubber gloves cost, or how many I go through.  They are a necessary part of this project.  I don't mind getting my hands dirty, but this car was disgusting and gloves were an absolute necessity. The Viper had a dirty interior when I got it.  This car was leaps and bounds worse.  As I previously mentioned, the former owner of this car was a "larger gentleman with poor personal habits."  I don't think the guy was aware that car interiors are something that can actually be cleaned.  I mean, you saw the carpet.  I felt like I needed a shower or three after just driving it home.  Getting everything clean is a big part of the reason I ripped the entire interior out.  Everything needed to be scrubbed, rescrubbed, and scrubbed again.  Dawn, Simple Green, and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser are absolute necessities for things like this.  Here are just a few examples of just how dirty this car was.  After leaving a few clean spots, the difference is ridiculously huge.  The seat and center console seen here are representative of how dirty the whole car was.  Gross.  Just gross.  And it's not like this is a $500 beater that you wouldn't care about, it's an Impala SS...




No comments:

Post a Comment