Sunday, July 28, 2019

I'll keep this brief

I need a case for the Uzi.  Most normal people would just go out and get a normal gun case.  I am not normal(which I will freely admit to anyone who asks).  Since this is a Uzi, I decided it needed more than a plain, boring gun case.  Back when the Secret Service used Uzis, they carried them in briefcases, so I decided that mine should have a briefcase too.  $25 later on e-bay, and I had myself a nice, used briefcase.  It's not a quickly deployable hardshell Samsonite like the SS used, but I like the leather look better(and I shouldn't have to say this, but just to be clear it is NOT an operational briefcase, just a storage case).  For padding, I used Harbor Freight foam floor mats.  Since thick EVA foam like this is a pain to cut with a blade, I used my electric turkey carving knife.  It made quick work of things.  It's made to securely hold the gun, two mags, the barrel and shroud, and a mag loader that I 3D printed.

Ordinary looking nondescript briefcase:
Uzi all safe and secure inside:


No comments:

Post a Comment