Sunday, January 3, 2021

The cocking tube

You get some words this time and only one picture(because I forgot to take any more).  Long story short, after pinning the barrel I got the cocking tube installed on my PSG-None.  Properly setting the cocking tube gap is essential for proper operation of the rifle, so I did it very carefully.  Needless to say there are some great tutorials on this out there(Holescreek's is probably the best), so I won't bore you with all the steps and no pictures.  I used an aluminum mandrel as a backer for my welds, and only had the slightest bit of burn through on my welds, causing some drag on my cocking piece.  To clean it up, I used the tool shown below, a 1/2" wood dowel, some sticky backed 80 grit sandpaper, and my drill. 



1 comment:

  1. This just happened to me too. I can unlock my bolt and cycle the hammer with the handle, but I can't lock it open because of some slight burn through resisting the full travel of the cocking handle extension. I've spent a few days searching military firearms for your drill idea until I remembered that I saw it here :)

    ReplyDelete