Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Vette

I've got a soft spot for C3 Corvettes, and a penchant for abused and neglected cars apparently. Here's my '73. It was my first foray into real sports cars. I'm only the 3rd owner, the lady I bought it from bought it used in 1974. It's an L48, 4 speed car, and about as base model as you can get. The only option is the AM/FM radio. The paint is rough(and missing in places), interior fair, and the frame and birdcage are very solid. Since it's had so few owners, it's never been messed with and was still completely stock and original when I got it(even the spare tire is one of the originals off the car). I put on the wheels and side pipes because C3s are supposed to have Torq Thrusts and sidepipes. I also swapped on Vortec heads and a mild cam, keeping anything original and date coded wrapped up for safe keeping. The G-Tech dyno says I'm getting around 250 RWHP. It's still not fast, but faster than the wheezy 190 FWHP it had. It may get restored some day, but for now I've declared it "Done" because it's fun to drive as is, and it still in an original unrestored state(everything I've done is easily undoable).
Then:

Now:



No comments:

Post a Comment