Sunday, March 17, 2019

Uzi build, part??



I finally got the receiver of my Uzi finished.  The biggest part left was welding on the rear most section.  Conveniently, the top cover works as the perfect gauge to set the overall length.  Using the top cover as a guide (and taking weld shrinkage into account), once it was tacked in place I clamped my copper plates inside and welded away.  Here's what I ended up with:




The last little bit left was to rivet the ejector in.  I actually bought the proper rivet and used a few of the rivet bucks I made for my AK build to set it.
Apparently, I tried too hard when I set the rivet, because the base of the ejector cracked.  Oops...  It fits into the receiver snug and it's good and tight so I think it will still work.  If it ever does start to work loose, I'll get a new one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment