Friday, August 9, 2013

The little things

When I got the Viper, it had smooth silicone tube installed in place of the stock accordion looking intake tubes.  Who ever put them on must have bought the longest hose clamps they could find.  They were about 4" too long, and just looked bad. I can't stand unsightly hose clamps, and it'd been bothering me since the day I got it.  IMO, sloppy hose clamps can ruin a whole engine compartment.
I stopped down to the local Farm and Fleet, and bought a set of stainless T-clamps.  They look 1000 times better.
While I was changing the clamps, I noticed a small but very important thing.  The top alternator bolt was missing.  Fortunately, the alternator could rest on the bracket, or this might have ended very badly.  Be sure to look things over very carefully when you buy a used car...


No comments:

Post a Comment