Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Plate

WI requires all cars and trucks to have a front license plate.  Usually, I don't mind, and I've always run them.  I've also always had a front bumper that made mounting easy and unobtrusive.  That's not the case with the Viper.  Front plates on these things stick out like a sore thumb, and generally look terrible.  There's also the matter of drilling holes into a $1000 bumper for a bracket.  No-drill removable brackets are available, but again, the car looks stupid with a plate hanging off the front.  I opted to put mine on the dashboard.  After putting it on the dash, I needed something to make sure that the plate stands up in the window and doesn't slide around.  Tape would work, but look tacky.  So, I came up with another solution.  I went down to the hardware store, and found some suction cups that fit into the bolt holes.  They work like a charm, keep the plate in place, and are almost invisible.  It's technically still not legal, but is one of those things where you generally only get called on it if you're doing something else stupid or are a jerk to the guy who pulls you over.



No comments:

Post a Comment