Sunday, August 30, 2015

Right on point

This is just a small update to the EBR(If you haven't been following along, it's an "AR styled" Mossberg 715T 22LR, really just a 702 Plinkster is a plastic shell).  The factory open sights on the 715T are OK, but not great.  I decided early on to add some optics.  I didn't want a scope, but I wanted something.  I decided to go with a "red dot" or "holographic" sight.  Since it's a cheap gun, I went with a cheap sight, an AIM sight I got on Amazon for around $35.  The rail it's sitting on came with the gun, and is hollow so you can still see the iron sights under the holo sight.
If you've never looked through a holographic sight, they're pretty neat.  It's kind of like having a laser sight, except that it doesn't project a dot on the target.  The big hoop has a piece of glass in it, and a reticle is projected onto the glass.  It can only be seen if you're looking straight through the sight from the back.
You can look through it with both eyes open and have nearly completely unobstructed vision.  It's supposed to help with fast target acquisition.  I've actually has it since shortly after I got the gun, I just forgot to post about it.  Even the pics are old.  It's worked very well for me in the past few years(especially for $35).

No comments:

Post a Comment