Friday, July 26, 2019

A Gripping Development

The last piece of the Uzi puzzle is the grips.  All of the grips that came with my parts kit were pretty beat up, and I didn't want to put well used grips on my practically new gun.  You'll remember a while back, I 3D scanned and printed the front grips because I couldn't find new ones for a price I wanted to pay.  After a few more tweaks I reprinted them in black to use as my final parts.  I also hit them with scotch-brite to knock just a little bit of the shine off. I'm still not completely satisfied with the right grip and may rescan and reprint when I have the time/motivation.

The pistol grips are a different matter though, and are easy to find.  I got a pair of genuine IMI grips still in the package from 1965.  According to the tag, these were from the German market.  I still find it incredibly ironic that the Germans of all people adopted a Jewish weapon for their defense forced.

No comments:

Post a Comment