Sunday, December 13, 2020

Llama XV progress

I'm now on V3 of my baby Llama frame.  Every iteration of this thing gets several changes and at this point my Solidworks feature tree is just a mess.  With V3, everything fits and the action hand cycles and resets like it should.  The problem now is that the safeties don't work.  It wouldn't be that big a deal, but the way it is now the thumb safety can slide up into the notch on the slide, locking the slide closed while still being able to fire.  If this happened, I think the force of the slide would blow the safeties off the back of the frame, and my hand would have a really bad day.  So back to the virtual drawing board to try to get the safeties to work.  Here's how it looks so far with everything assembled, standard 1911 magazine included for size reference:



No comments:

Post a Comment