Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hood alignment

With the new door installed and adjusted, I could get the hood fitting better.  When I got the car, the passenger front corner of the hood wouldn't even latch.  I finally got it to latch, but the edge of the hood was a full 3/4" higher than the fascia.

I couldn't figure out how to lower the hood any further, and the hinges were definitely not bent.  After a few hours of head scratching, I realized that that the hood wasn't high, the bumper was low.  Turns out that when the nose slid under what ever it slid under, the whole bumper assembly was shoved all the way down in it's slots.  I also discovered that the headlight on that side had been replaced.  I'm guessing the original was shattered in the accident.  After nearly 12 hours of  screwing around, I finally got the doors adjusted to the body, hood set to the doors, bumper set to the hood, and headlights fit to the openings.  All the gaps are good, but not great.  Since I need to take it apart to do bodywork anyway, I decided they were good enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment