Friday, December 27, 2019

Don't let your dreams be dreams!

It might not look much different, but practicaly everything from the magwell back on my SCR lower has been changed.  I lowered and reshaped the trigger guard so that the bottom is at the same level as the magwell for easier printing, I moved all the safety features from the left side to the right, and thickened up some areas for a stronger print.  I also changed everything that needed to change for the lever trigger system from my last post.

I printed out the transfer lever and trigger, and to save time and filament I only printed the back half of the lower.  I also trimmed the tail of the front trigger as necessary for the transfer lever with my dremel.  I put it all together and much to my surprise, it actually works.  Even with the printed parts, the trigger pull is short and crisp.  It's a little heavy, but not much more than the original(and definitely less than my Uzi).  Not pictured but the safety works too and is index finger selectable.  It seems to work well enough that I'm going to leave them as printed parts for now.  The only extra parts needed beyond the printed bits are a 3rd AR trigger pin, and a 1/8" pin for the transfer lever.  I don't really have a good way to capture the rear trigger pin yet though(though for as often as it will likely ever come apart, it could just press fit into the plastic receiver if I don't come up with something better).

Here's how the parts fit together when cocked(minus a little bit of wobble because the pins are just kind of sitting in the tops of the holes):
Here's about how far everything moves when it's fired.  The safety acts as an overtravel stop for the mechanism, and the original trigger spring is strong enough to reset everything when you let off the trigger.


No comments:

Post a Comment