Sunday, December 22, 2019

The first of many

I got my first SCR type lower receiver printed.  This print was done quick with minimal shell thickness and infill because I'm just checking fit and function, and is in no way shootable.  I also printed out the grip chunk of the stock so that I could see how it felt in the hand.  Even though I'm never going to attempt to fire this one, for legal reasons(namely the short section of test grip), this is a pistol receiver.  After playing with it some, I've come up with a list of things to work on.  First, I'm going to flip the safety lever to the other side.  It's not thumb reachable on the left side, but is index finger reachable if the lever is on the right.  Second, the grip is way too high.  I've got average sized hands and while I can reach the trigger, it isn't really comfortable so I'm going to move the grip down and forward some.  Speaking of the trigger, it does work, but as expected the pull is very long and creepy.  I'll work on making something better for the next one.


No comments:

Post a Comment