Friday, December 6, 2019

The finish is in sight!

I'm not really a big fan of the two tone frame/slide look on 1911s, so I had to do something with my bare aluminum receiver.  As luck would have it, I have a little bit of KG Gun Kote Flat Black left over from my Uzi.  It's not a perfect match to the Rock Island slide, but it's close enough for now.  Someday I might completely refinish both in the same color, but that day is not today.  I really like Gun Kote.  It's durable and it's just so easy to use.  Prep your part, spray it on, and bake.  It leaves a thin, hard, and fairly durable finish too so I sprayed the whole receiver, rails and all(300 rounds so far in my Uzi shows no wear at all on the Gun Kote where the bolt slides against the inside of the receiver).  Here's my frame, fresh out of the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment